Sunday

"Beside The River", fluid acrylic painting by Sharon Lynn Williams

"Beside The River", 12x12" fluid acrylic painting on paper
SOLD

I recently taught a "Acrylics As Watercolour" workshop in Grande Prairie to an absolutely wonderful group of women from the Peace River Chapter of the Federation Of Canadian Artists. This is the demo I did for them -focusing on repainting one of our successful paintings using a colour scheme (to keep their minds off the fact that they were using an unfamiliar medium!!). Below is my original watercolour that I did at another workshop. The colour scheme for this painting was a triad of yellow-green, red-violet and red-orange. So much fun to mix things up!!

If you are interested in taking this workshop from me, I will be teaching one in Canmore March 23 & 24, and one in Edmonton on April 6 & 7. Let me know if you want more information!!
Enjoy!

To commission your own painting or contact me to do a workshop in your area, please email me at williamsdotsharonatshawdotca (insert characters for the dot and at!)

Share |

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this class! The colour theory was just what I needed. And I love the way your demo painting turned out - I think I like it better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is always so incredible, it would look good with a tooth brush and toothpaste. I just love your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so very much Caryl!! Too funny -I might just have to paint that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very neat seeing the same picture with the different colour schemes. They both have their own mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please come teach this at FCA in Vancouver, I would love to take the class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please make that request to the FCA, and I would gladly come! I am teaching at Gibsons School of the Arts at the end of July if you are interested in that😃

    ReplyDelete